Topshop Unique Fall Winter 2017 @ London Fashion Week

Thursday 23 February 2017



Topshop Unique's London Fashion Week showcase is always my highlight of LFW. For the past three years I have been covering London Fashion Week on my blog and I'm pretty sure that almost every season of Topshop Unique has been analysed and covered here. If you're like me and are thinking ahead as to what you'll be wearing in Autumn/Winter this year, keep reading...

From oversized knits to trench coats and bright sweaters, AW17 looks interesting to say the least. Many critics and fashion journalists claim that this collection mainly comprises of party wear, but I beg to differ. Yes, there may be some party accents - the metallic skirts and the bold jumpsuits, but honestly I would say for the most part, this collection is incredibly laid back and super chic. The majority of these clothes would definitely be kept in my day-to-day wardrobe, but then again, I'm not particularly one to have a 'party' wardrobe, 'office-wear' wardrobe and a 'day-to-day' wardrobe - I wear what I feel and exactly what I want. 

The collection overall was very neutral, I didn't really see a running theme like I have done with previous showcases from Topshop Unique - moody florals (AW15) and a hint of hounds tooth (AW16). The only attributes that majorly jumped out at me were the hints of primary colours (reds, yellows and blues) and the severity of the oversized pieces - huge knits, massive trenches and super long sleeves that swamp your arms and hands. 

I personally LOVE this collection. I think that AW17 is going to be an exciting season for fashion, the grungy florals teamed with the primary colours, the oversized trenches and the bold sweaters - I'm so excited to be styling up some outfits to mimic these effortlessly cool, hipster chic looks. So what will I be wearing come September 2017? Think super oversized knits, trenches and bold sweaters teamed with bold and daring prints from florals, polka dots and stripes. I'll most likely be sporting these looks with a minimal makeup look, similar to the models walking for Topshop Unique this season.

I adore this collection. Why? Well, it's gorgeous. Every tiny detail about this collection is mesmerising. From the simplicity of the muted tones to the clashing of bold and brash prints - this collection combines both daring and simple attributes, which I adore.

Be daring in Autumn/Winter 2017 - wear stripes with floral and primary colour sweaters with oversized trenches; you can do this...








Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?