Beauty | Seventeen Makeup Must Haves & Product Reviews

6 comments

If you're looking for an affordable makeup brand that achieves professional results, then Seventeen Makeup is the answer and just what you have been looking for. Available at your local drugstore at affordable prices with sleek and classic packaging, it's a no brainer - Seventeen is your new favourite makeup brand.. thank me later and just keep reading gorgeous!

Seventeen Makeup has been a brand that has been in my life since I can remember. Introduced in 1968, Seventeen is brand that has been used and loved by so many teenagers or many generations. Affordable and sleek, this makeup brand isn't your average drugstore brand, in fact, it's to a much higher quality than you'd expect.


On first impressions, the packing is sleek and very high-end looking. The 'Easy on the eye' eyeshadow palette has a matte black outer casing with sophisticated white writing, which is aesthetically appealing to many young girls. The same attributes apply to the outer casing of the 'Brow's That' and 'Long Lash' packing. The 'WOW! Concealer' packaging is on a whole other level - a gorgeous shiny metallic gold casing with mint green and black lettering, this product's packing is a winner in my eyes before even using the product itself!


Easy on the Eye Palette in 'Birthday Suit'

RRP: £7.99

A gorgeous pink and rose gold toned eyeshadow palette that includes an array of shades to suit anybody's makeup taste. I am a massive lover of rose gold shade eyeshadows so this palette is a definite must have for me. This palette includes 8 matte, shimmer and pearl shades, 3 metallic creams and 1 eyeshadow primer + double ended applicator brush. Each shade in the Easy on the Eye Palette in 'Birthday Suit' is highly pigmented and of a gorgeous texture. As there is a variety of textures, this ensures you can create a different eye look everyday. If you're new to makeup and are looking for a starter eyeshadow palette, this gorgeous palette by Seventeen is perfect for you. I usually dislike applicator brushes that are included in eyeshadow palettes so I was really surprised with the one included in this palette, it's actually really good and provides an even coverage of either powder shadow or cream shimmer. This palette includes the most perfect neutral shades that will go with any outfit imaginable, infant I'll definitely be wearing some of these shades for my 19th Birthday celebrations at the beginning of September, as they'll match my planned outfits really well!

Brow's That Brow Kit 

RRP: £5.99

Eyebrows are THE most important feature for me. I LOVE my brows, yeah, they did have a rough patch a couple of years back when they resembled slugs, but everybody had that issue, right!? (Please tell me you did too!?) Anyway, I remember when there wasn't many brow products in the shops so I had to start off using a brown eyeliner before upgrading to Benefit's brow kit which was slightly on the pricier side. Since my dark days with brows in 2011-2014, I have tried an array of different brow products both expensive and affordable. Don't get me wrong, I did love my Benefit BrowZings but to be fair, I believe the Brow's That Brow Kit by Seventeen is on par, if not even better (and so much more affordable too!). This incredible and affirmable brow kit by Seventeen includes a tinted wax to shape and tint your brows, a tinted powder to set and colour, a pale shade to highlight your brow bone, a brow pencil to shape and neaten and a mini brush to blend. This kit includes SO much more than some of the more expensive brow kits you can purchase. 

Skin WOW! Concealer in 'Fair'

RRP: £4.99

We all know of that really expensive and highly sought after concealer by that brand we all know and love? Well Seventeen have only gone and created something so similar it could actually be it, so it's a no brainer on which one you should buy! If you're not completely loaded and unable to go out and spend £25 on a pen concealer, then this is your perfect match. Having used the more expensive concealer myself when I was last in a department store, I can safely say that the Skin WOW! Concealer is a dead-set dupe (if not better). I'm not just saying this, I truly believe this concealer is incredible. The Skin WOW! Concealer doesn't cake, flake or diminish after a few hours, instead it's lightweight, creamy and super long-lasting. I love to use this handy little gem as a concealer for any breakouts, dark circles and also as a highlighter too - it's perfect for your cheekbones, cupid's bow and bridge of nose! This concealer is a new firm favourite of mine and I am so glad I didn't splash £25 on the premium brand when under £5 can do the job (slightly better!).

LongLash Mascara 

RRP: £6.99

Mascara is an essential product in any girl's makeup routine but it can be really difficult to find your perfect match. As we speak I have over 6 staple mascaras as I hate to stick to one. As you can imagine if I ever go away to a hotel for an event or on holiday, it's beyond difficult to choose between my staple mascaras, so when LongLash came along I was beyond relieved. In a streamline casing that's both classy and sleek, this mascara looks fab and most importantly IS fab! When applying mascara I usually layer up around 4-6 coats as I love to have super long and volumised lashes, but with LongLash I only needed 2-3 coats, which is something I was super surprised about. This mascara is a great all rounder! I still won't completely stop my mascara hoarding but this mascara will have a firm place in my collection, definitely!

As a brand that has been in my life since I can remember, I still believe Seventeen Makeup is a firm favourite with girls today, no matter what your age may be. Don't dismiss this brand just because you think you've grown out of it, this brand is so perfect for any age, as their products are beyond incredible. If you're looking for good quality makeup with a smaller price tag in comparison to other brands, then you're in luck because Seventeen Makeup is for you!

Have you tried Seventeen Makeup? What's your favourite product of theirs? - Comment below!


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

6 comments

  1. i've heard a lot about seventeen but i'm not sure if i can get it over here, i'll have to check it out when i'm in the UK later this year!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seventeen are such a great brand and something you definitely NEED to try out when you come to the UK later this year! - Mollie xoxo

      Delete
  2. These all sound lovely! I've never seen anything from Seventeen in Canada before ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you come to the UK, you NEED to try some of their products! Seventeen are such a fab brand! - Mollie xoxo

      Delete
  3. I loved reading this! I actually have the eyeshadow palette in The Big Smoke, and I can't wait to try this one x

    Sofia | www.theglamchapter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! I need to try that palette, it sounds fab! I totally recommend 'Birthday Suit'! - Mollie xoxo

      Delete

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig