Lifestyle | My top tips on combating Hayfever feat. The Ice Doctor

14 comments


I am one of the many thousands whom suffers with the dreaded summer allergy, Hayfever. Throughout the summer months Hayfever sufferers can suffer dramatically from various symptoms including headaches, runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes, muscle aches, coughing and of course, itchy eyes. In today's post I will be sharing my top tips on combating this awful allergy which ruins thousands upon thousands of summers..

Having Hayfever is horrible. It's all very well taking tablets, but they're not always the answer. Sometimes treating your symptoms naturally can help combat them. Below are my top tips on combating the dreaded symptoms.

Removing makeup and changing clothing 

When you get in from being outside, especially on days when there's a high pollen count, it's best to remove all makeup, especially from the eye area and change your clothes too. Pollen can stick to your eyelashes, hair and clothing, so it's best to wash your face, tie back your hair and change into some clean clothes to prevent your symptoms from getting any worse.

Use a cooling pack such as The Ice Doctor*

I suffer from a very common Hayfever symptom along with many other people, itchy eyes. Having itchy eyes is probably my worse symptom that I most definitely get on a daily basis. I recently discovered a solution to all of our itchy eye troubles, The Ice Doctor. The Ice Doctor is a cold eye compress that is filled with wheat. All you need to do is cool the pack in the freezer until cold and then apply to your eyes. The coolness of the cold compress helps to relax the symptoms of not only Hayfever's Itchy Eyes and Headaches, but Inflammation, Sinus Headaches, Swelling, Migraines, Tired and Puffy Eyes also! The Ice Doctor is a product of The Body Doctor. They manufacture all of their products in the UK, which is something I really like. This cooling pack is amazing and has really helped with my itchy eyes. I tend to apply to wheat filled cooling pack as soon as I get in after taking all of my makeup off. The Ice Doctor retails at £9.99 and is 100% worth the money, buy it here.

Keeping the windows closed on high pollen days

By keeping the windows closed on high pollen count days, your symptoms will be very mild, if not present at all (especially when you're having an 'in' day!). If you're dubious about the thought of having no cool air on hot summer days, then invest in a fan, as having the windows closed can really work wonders with your symptoms.

Local Honey, Vitamin C and Spicy Foods

Local Honey, Vitamin C, Spicy Foods and Camomile Tea are all things that can help prevent and lessen your hayfever symptoms. Eating and drinking Local Honey will help you become desensitised to your local pollen, Local Honey is best but trying normal honey won't harm you. Vitamin C is a natural antihistamine so drinking orange juice, eating grapefruits and making some lemon water to sip throughout the day are all things that can help lessen your hayfever symptoms! Eating spicy foods can help to open up your nasal passages which can then clear any congestion, spicy foods can work as a decongestant. Camomile Tea is both an antioxidant and an antihistamine, so is perfect for sipping all year around to deter symptoms from starting.

I do all of the above to help combat hayfever but I still have both bad and good days with my allergy. This year is definitely the worst year I have had with my hayfever as my eyes are constantly red, puffy, itchy, I have 3 sneezing fits each day consisting of 10 sneezes each time, my throat hurts, I'm getting really bad headaches and my skin is itchy occasionally too. All of the above really helps me get through Summer and I can't thank The Ice Doctor enough for sending me out one of their cooling packs to review, it has really done wonders on my eyes after a long day out in the pollen!

Have you got hayfever? Do you do any of the above to help combat your symptoms or do you have another tip? Comment below and let me know :)

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

14 comments

  1. Great post. I suffer so badly with hayfever and I am always looking for products to help me get over it! I'll have to check out the ice doctor mask! Great blog by the way! xo

    https://57-days.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/4-goals-for-next-3-months.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope these tips help you out a little :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Really helpful post! I don't suffer with hay fever, but my boyfriend does so I'll definitely tell him about the Ice Doctor! X

    ♡ itsjessiejane ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so lucky that you don't suffer with it! I hope these tips help your boyfriend! Thank you so much for reading! xxxx

      Delete
  3. Hay fever is not something that I suffer from but many of my friends do. I will definitely pass on these tips to them :)

    What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope they help your friends :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Some days I get hayfever really bad but some days I dont get it at all! Thanks for these tips, when I have a bad day I will definitely use them! X

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same! I really hope they help you :D xxx

      Delete
  5. Definitely taking some tips from this post. I get hayfever so bad in the warmer months, can't stand it! Haha x

    www.sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the tips help you! Thanks for reading!

      Mollie xxx

      Delete
  6. This was really helpful to me, a fellow hayfever sufferer! I'll definitely take this into account the next time a get a bout of it.

    Mind checking out my latest - it's all about my recent adventures in Poland!

    Alice x
    girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the tips help you!! Of course I'll check out your post about your adventures to Poland, I hope we can follow each other and be blogging pals! Mollie xxx

      Delete
  7. Great tips, thank you!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig