Fashion | Christopher Kane Fall 2016 @ LFW

Thursday 25 February 2016



I have adored Christopher Kane and his designs since I started my fashion journalism career back in Spring 2014, wow, two years sure does go by quickly. He came to my attention when I first saw his AW14 collection which was full of ruffled sweaters, PVC mini skirts and double breasted jackets. I fell in love with the style of his designs and how they were unique yet casual. This season was no different.

Camels, rusts, blues and nudes made a prominent impact on the runway as well as greys, blacks and your usual neutral colour palette too. Although Kane's AW14 collection will always have a special place in my heart, his new collection for Fall 2016 kinda has a bigger one. I just adore the mix of colours that scream 'Autumn' and the clean cut lines that the garments incorporate.

This showcase has been all over the press this week due to the obscurity of the accessories e.g. the plastic that is worn on most of the models' heads/hair. I think it adds a really nice touch to the collection and also brings a little nostalgia to us women, I'm sure we can all relate to our great nans or elderly women on the bus sporting a simple plastic hair net through rainy weather.

My favourite piece is the ensemble featured below, it screams elegance, class and extravagance. I love the outgoing-ness of this ensemble, how it's big and bold, yet soft and neutral.


Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?