Fashion | Rita and Phill: Custom tailored skirts for real women REVIEW + 30% off for my readers!

Tuesday 19 January 2016


I was contacted by an incredible, new, fresh and vibrant fashion brand with some incredible ethics behind them. As you all know, I'm not skinny. I have an arse, a rather big one in fact. I hate my bum as it's always difficult to buy clothing for. I always have to go up a size for my bottom clothing as my bum just stops me from being one size, which is so annoying. So when Rita and Phill pitched their skirts to me, asking me to try one of them out, I just couldn't refuse. Keep reading to unveil the massive 30% discount code!

As mentioned previously, buying clothes for a 'pear shaped' figure is difficult to say the least. I'd love to buy just one size of clothes for everything I wear, from every shop on the high-street, but that's just not possible if you're a curvy gal. If a dress is the wrong shape it can make you look fat, if a blouse is the wrong style it can make you look frumpy and big, so when you find a brand of clothing that suits your figure perfectly, it's hard not to adore it more than anything in the world. Rita and Phill know that every size is different, every shape differs from one person to the next. They know that women whom are a Size 12 don't all have the same curves, they're all unique and one of a kind. I LOVE the ethics behind Rita and Phill and this is what drew me to loving them.


I chose their Elaine Custom Skirt* in their black blended woven cotton material. This gorgeous Elaine custom skirt retails at $150 which coverts to £105. You may be thinking that this price is a little hefty for a plain black pencil skirt, but you're 100% wrong. I simply sent over my measurements to the lovely girls at Rita and Phill and before I knew it, I received an email saying that my skirt was in the process of being sewn by their head tailor.


After a couple of weeks, my skirt arrived; beautifully packaged with a lovely note inside from their head tailor. The skirt itself is gorgeous. Hand-made incredibly well, each seam is seamlessly sewn, the lining is of an electric blue, which contrasts perfectly and the front zip is a perfect accent, even a hand-stitched label is situated at the back, inside of the skirt, with previous experience with other custom-made brands, this is a detail that really shows off how professional the company is, which means Rita and Phill are the most professional custom-made company that I have come across. Small details matter and they know this! At first I was dubious to try it on as I just hate my bum so much, but as soon as I tried it on, my mind was changed and I started to love my curves and adore the skirt even more. It accentuates my curves well, hides my tum and neatens up my bum. It looks great with a pussy-bow blouse, but equally as good with a plain jumper - the possibilities are endless.


Rita and Phill's custom made skirts are really worth every single penny. I want an Elaine skirt in every single colour as I think they are just the most perfect component in your capsule wardrobe for every single season. The skirt is versatile and looks amazing on, I love my Elaine skirt ever such a lot. They do a wide range of skirts, not just the Elaine, other styles include 'Jennifer', 'Irene', 'Sarah' and another favourite style of mine, the gorgeous 'Annette'.

I would have included some imagery of me modelling this incredible skirt but as you know if you're a fellow resident of England, the weather has been absolutely freezing and I've not been feeling 100% at the minute, so as soon as the weather warms up, expect an outfit post featuring this incredibly flattering skirt!

Check out the video that inspired me to love their brand. This video will inspire you too. It will inspire you to buy hand-made clothing, it will inspire you to buy Rita and Phill.


The ever so lovely and kind people at Rita and Phill have generously given you all a massive 30% off of their gorgeous custom tailored skirts, that will make your bum look better than Kimmy K's! Simply enter CustomSkirt575 at the checkout to receive your discount! This code will expire on March 31st 2016, so hurry up and make your order before all of the other fashionistas bag one before you!


Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?