Beauty | How to achieve a flawless face base

Saturday 6 February 2016


Wanting to achieve 'that' perfect complexion? Sick of spots, acne scars and rosacea? Inquisitive about the whole 'colour correcting' concept? Well, if you answered 'yes' to any of the above, then this post is definitely for you and you NEED to keep on reading...

With a mix of drugstore and slightly pricier products, these four items of makeup can take your complexion from a 0 to a 10 in just under ten minutes!

To start with, I use my holy-grail colour correcting palette from Makeup Revolution which was only £6.00 - a complete and utter bargain if you ask me! I will apply the green cream to any spots, blemishes or acne scars, as well as any redness too. I will then apply the yellow cream to my eyelids, forehead, brow-bones and bridge of my nose. The salmon and pink coloured creams are perfect for correcting any dark under circles (designer bags). The purple cream is great for diminishing the flecks of yellow that can be featured in the pigments of the skin. 


After I have colour corrected my skin and and blended it all in with a beauty blender (makeup egg), I will then move on to and apply my new favourite foundation, the 123 Perfect Foundation by Bourjois in the shade 52 Vanilla. I will apply this with a tapered kabuki brush, this brush is from a budget makeup brush set from eBay that retails at under £5! This brush is INCREDIBLE and leaves you with the most perfect and flawless complexion, especially when used alongside this wonder-foundation!

I will then apply my favourite powder foundation (which I use as a mattifying setting powder), the Laura Geller Balance n' Glow in the shade Fair. This powder come mineral foundation sets all of the initial base into place with an additional shimmer that leaves the skin feeling matte but looking dewy, which I adore so much. I apply this product with my EcoTools mattifying powder brush or a flat angled kabuki brush.

Once the base is complete it's time to finish off with the final item from my top four products for a flawless base. This product is from KIKO and is a part of their limited edition 'Midnight Siren' and is a gold and shimmery cream highlighter in the shade named '02 Alluring Sand'. This highlighter is my HOLY-GRAIL illuminating highlight cream, which glides on immaculate either with your fingers or a fanned brush.


I do this every single day to achieve the most flawless face base. It looks so natural and dewy, it's my skin but looking 100x better. I adore the fact it brightens my complexion, adds a sparkly and shimmery glow and covers any redness, blemishes or dark circles. I recommend all of these products to anybody who wants to achieve the most flawless complexion possible. Keep an eye on my YouTube channel for a tutorial on this incredible makeup face base! 


2 comments

  1. I have then Makeup Revolution corrector palette and I love it. I love the sound of the Laura Geller powder, I'm definitely going to check that out! xx

    www.lpagebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Kiko cream highlighter looks gorgeous!

    The Modern Audrey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?