Beauty | Easy on the Eyes by Lisa Potter-Dixon Review

Tuesday 12 January 2016


'Easy on the Eyes' by the incredibly talented Benefit MUA - Lisa Potter-Dixon is a triumph in the Beauty Tutorial Book industry. Easy to follow guides on how to achieve show-stopping eye looks. Keep reading to see my full review.

Easy On The Eyes, a book that teaches you the basics of applying eyeshadow, mascara and eyeliner; this book is a must-have book for any budding MUA, teenage girl looking to improve her eye makeup skills or just anyone in general with a keen interest of makeup artistry.

I would class myself as a makeup enthusiast. I'd like to one day become a pro at makeup artistry - not as a full time job, but just as a hobby, but who knows what the future holds? This book has taught me many tricks on how to blend my eyeshadow seamlessly, how to get that winged liner on fleek and so much more too. With real women as models, of all different ages, races and face shapes, this book is great for equality too and shows everybody how the looks would look on them.

"The models are all real women of all races, ages and face shapes"

Being a fan of Benefit's makeup, this book was an incredible gift to open on Christmas Day as a gift from Mummy Quirk. I spent hours reading it and then trying out the looks for myself. Each look is ridiculously easy to follow and interpret. One of the things I adore most about this book is how it doesn't force you to buy Benefit products, it merely shows them off but in a subtle way. Of course, being a fan of Benefit makeup products, it does make me want to purchase some other products, but that's just natural when you're a makeup addict like myself.

The book boasts of showing you how to achieve seamless eye makeup looks in under 5, 15 and 30 minutes, which is very true. At first it may take you a little longer to get the knack of a completely new concept of applying makeup, but once you have the basics, you're good to go and it can take even less than the time stated!

"It taught me how to blend my eyeshadow seamlessly, get that winged liner on fleek and so much more, I love this book so much!"

The front cover art is incredibly eye-catching - (see what I did there?) - and it instantly draws you in. As soon as I saw it, the pastel-esque tones and the gorgeous eye made me want to pick it up and read away whilst learning many skills within applying eye makeup in a seamless manner. My favourite looks to create from this incredible tutorial book are: the graphic liner, the bronze smokey eye and Lisa's everyday eye look. These looks are my favourite because they are super simple to achieve and make my eyes stand out and look bright.

I adore this book and I definitely recommend it to YOU, especially if you love beauty. It retails at £14.99 but there's always an offer on somewhere, whether it be WHSmiths, Amazon or QVC.

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?