TUCKING TOPS INTO TROUSERS AND OTHER BODY EPIPHANIES

Sunday 23 February 2020


I've never been keen on tucking my top into my trousers, wearing cropped tops or wearing tighter fitting clothes. When I was younger, probably 13 and under, hiding my chub was number one on my list. Baggy tops, big jumpers and tracksuits – I would never dream of wearing anything other than something that could hid my fat, my curves and my chub.

I remember when I was in year four of primary school.. the thought of tucking my shirt into my skirt made me feel sick. My class was full of slender girls – girls who picked on me for being bigger and mocked me in the swimming pool changing room. I really couldn't face tucking my shirt in, but it was school procedure. So my mum and nan decided to make it impossible for me to tuck my shirt in.. so they hemmed ALL of my shirts so they couldn't be tucked in. 


Even when I first started blogging I wouldn't dare tuck in a top or wear a cropped garment. I wanted to hid my chub, conceal it from the world. But all of that changed since I have been more involved with the body positivity community.

9 times out of 10, tucking a top into your skirt or trousers can actually make you appear more streamline while accentuating your natural curves.

I have always seen one of my good online friends Florence rocking tucked in garments, it made me think "maybe I can do that one day".. and over the past year and a half I've been building up my confidence to finally jump out of my comfort zone and tuck tops into trousers.


A common misconception that curvy girls have is that if you tuck a garment into your trousers, leggings, jeans or skirts – it will make you appear bigger than you are – but this is a total myth!

Most of the time, tucking a garment into your clothes can make your figure appear more refined. Define that waist instead of concealing it, tuck it in to make it appear more streamlined by accentuating your natural, GORGEOUS curves!

Although stepping out of your comfort zone can be daunting, sometimes it's best to just GO for it. Don't think it over, just do it and you won't regret it – I promise!


I feel so much more confident with a top tucked in. Sometimes I even rock a cropped jumper these days.. two things I would never have done three years ago!

It's amazing how tucking in a top or wearing something that doesn't conceal your curves can really give you a boost. Instead of a baggy t-shirt covering my waist and hips, my figure looks so much better with it all on show! Waist nipped in and big bum on show.. it's amazing how my mindset has changed.


Do you tuck tops into trousers? Or do you conceal your figure? Maybe you've discovered a new way of wearing clothes that gives you a boost of confidence? Let me know below!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?