GOING GREY IN MY TWENTIES?

Sunday 10 November 2019


[Dress, coat & tights gifted to me by Mistral]

I think I discovered my first grey hair when I was seventeen. I didn't think anything of it, in fact – it didn't bother me at all. But in recent weeks I've noticed a few more...

Probably in the last month or two, I've been finding more and more grey hairs. Again, at first I wasn't phased in the slightest, but the more I found, the more I started to freak out. 

Grey hairs have begun sprouting up from my scalp and I honestly don't know how to feel about it. Will they take over my entire head of hair? Will they remain slow and steady until I reach my thirties? Or will I get greyer and greyer as the years go on? Well, I have no clue. 


I don't know if I'm going grey or if I simply have grey hairs. I don't know if it's normal and I don't know why this is happening. I have had a stressful life, I won't lie. I've had a lot going on in the 22 years that I've been walking this earth, and in all honesty I'm not surprised that I've got a few greys already – in fact I'm surprised they never came sooner. 

Hair doesn't define us. My cousin taught me this.

Am I bothered if I go fully grey? Slightly. But do I care? Not really. Although I may feel slightly worried/bothered by my sudden sprouts of grey, is it really that important? Should I actually care about it? No, I shouldn't. I'm 22, I'm in my prime and I have my whole life ahead of me. Am I really going to let a few grey hairs get in the way of my life? I don't think so. 

My cousin has Alopecia Universalis – she is fully bald and embraces it. She has taught me that hair doesn't define us AT ALL. My cousin is brave, courageous, so beautiful and absolutely amazing – and having no hair doesn't stop her from being the beautiful, amazing person that she is. 

If I go grey, I go grey. If I don't, I don't. It is what it is and I won't let grey strands of hair stop me from living my life.



Steal Mollie's Style

Mistral kindly gifted me some of their stunning pieces to style up. I'm sporting their Check Me Out Tunic Dress, Pewsey Coat in Martini Olive, and Hold Me Tights in Grey. Each of these gorgeous garments team so well with each other to create the most amazing laid-back, relaxed-yet-chic outfit – perfect for winter walks in the winter sunshine! Use code MOLLIE15 for 15% off!

The dress is perfect for me – especially as a curvy pear shaped girl! It nips me in at the waist, is super comfy and looks so put-together with minimal effort. When paired with the coat and tights it really looks beautiful. This whole outfit is such a dream!

I paired this outfit with some black chelsea boots from Primark to give it an edgier feel. 


What age did you get your first grey hair? Or have you never found one? Let me know in the comments section below!


Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?