HAVING TATTOOS DOESN'T MAKE YOU ANY LESS CLASSY OR PROFESSIONAL

Saturday 26 October 2019


[Vintage style dress gifted from Lady V London]

When I got my first tattoo I kind of think I was having a quarter life crisis because I didn't think it through.. I just went and got it. Although it was a spontaneous decision, I actually don't regret it at all – in fact, if I didn't get my first tattoo spontaneously I probably wouldn't have any now. 

After I got my first two tattoos, although I didn't regret them in the slightest, I did wonder if it would cause me to be the subject of judgment, especially from future employers, professionals and people in general. I feared that it could prevent people from taking me seriously, but then I realised that it's 2019 and people's perceptions are changing. 


I started realising that tattoos don't prevent me from being professional, nor do they prevent me from being classy. For me, tattoos are a personal thing. I don't have them to be edgy or alternative, I have them because I love them and because they mean something. 

Ink on my skin does not make me any less of a young professional.

Many people think that people have tattoos because they're rebellious or for other stereotypical reasons – but this is so untrue. People want to express themselves, people want to OWN their own bodies and people want to be free to do what they want with their bodies. More people are realising that the stereotypes are untrue, but obviously there is still a small minority that don't agree with body art.

In my eyes, body art doesn't make anybody less of a person, less of a professional or less classy then they exude. People with body art shouldn't be judged for the ink on their skin in the same way that nobody should ever be judged for their appearance. 

I don't believe that I'm any less classy or professional for having tattoos. I still have the same goals, the same brain, the same visions. I still have a classic sense of style (for the most part), and I still carry myself in the same way. Tattoos haven't changed me in the slightest, apart from giving me more confidence. 


Do you think that tattoos should be judged? Let me know your thoughts on this topic in the comments section below!

The gorgeous dress I'm sporting within this photo shoot is the Bexley Dress in Golden Tones from Lady V London

6 comments

  1. I completely agree, I love tattoos and find it hard to understand why a tattoo would make anyone change their opinion of someone. I don't have any personally but I know many of my work colleagues do and they look cool af xx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your tattoos, they look icnredible on you!

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tattoos Mollie!! My husband has tattoos all over his arms, legs and bag and each tattoo tells a story, I just love them! x

    Yiota
    https://pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?