Tarte Tarteist Trove Holiday 2017 Makeup Collection Review

Monday 1 January 2018


I ADORE Tarte and their vast ranges of makeup and skincare. But after a negative experience with a Tarte eyeshadow palette a few years ago, has my faith been restored in their eyeshadows? Read my honest review on Tarte's Tarteist Trove Holiday 2017 Makeup Collection....

I'm a massive Tarte fan and have been ever since I first tried their Amazonian Clay Foundation in 2015. After loving the brand, their ethos and their stunning products, in 2016 I decided to try their cult favourite Tartelette palette. I wasn't blown away, in fact I wrote an honest review piece here. I just couldn't get on with the formulation of their eyeshadows. For me they felt chalky and once applied the eyeshadow creased within just a couple of hours. I was disappointed and returned my palette back to QVC.

Tarteist Trove Holiday 2017 Makeup Collection Review


This Christmas however, I received the stunning Tarteist Trove Holiday 2017 Makeup Collection (£55 from QVCUK); at first I was dubious regarding the gorgeous eyeshadows but hopeful at the same time, as they looked so dreamy and I wanted them to be perfect more than anything. I was sure that the eyeshadows would crease, but oh boy was I wrong. For some reason I get on so well with this gorgeous palette and I'm absolutely thrilled about it, I honestly am! 

Within the Tarteist Trove Makeup Collection, you get 24 gorgeous eyeshadows; a highlight, contour and blush palette; and a lipstick, eyeliner and mascara. You're basically getting a full face of makeup, packaged in the most stunning box ever.

The 24 Amazonian Clay eyeshadows are situated in the main compartment, complete with a beautiful mirror. The eyeshadows are all stunning – a full range of shades await you, with neutrals and smoke shades, metallic and matte! You can create everything from the perfect smokey eye to the most amazing lilac hued natural eye with a little bit of shimmer. My favourite shades would have to be Charm, Jewel Box, Dynasty and Ornate. Each shade within the 24 shade collection is highly pigmented, extremely blendable, NOT chalky at all and guess what, they DO NOT crease either. I'm totally blown away by these eyeshadows and if I'm being honest, I'm willing to give the Tartelette Palette another whirl!

The highlight, contour and blush shades are also Tarte's amazing Amazonian Clay formulation. Extremely easy to blend, these beautiful shades chisel like a dream. The highlight shade in 'Hidden' is absolutely breathtaking and uber sparkly – if you're in need of a glow-up, then this is what you need in your life. The contour/bronzing shade 'Forbidden' is such a fabulous matte bronzer that warms your complexion up in an instant. And the blush shade 'Mysterious' is a cross between a pink and a coral – perfect when used in-conjunction with the lip product included in this kit. 

Finally, you receive cute little sample sizes of their Tarteist Lash Paint mascara, Sex Kitten Eyeliner and Tarteist Glossy Lip Paint in Minx (peachy brown shade). Each of the deluxe sample sized products is utterly amazing and I'd definitely repurchase each of them in full size when I run out. 

This gorgeous makeup collection is utterly STUNNING. No other holiday collection from any other brand compares – the Tarteist Trove is a real treasure trove for any makeup lover and I am in love with every aspect of this collection. I cannot recommend it enough. I adore every part of the Tarteist Trove!










3 comments

  1. This looks like the most amazing collection! Such a great mix of eyeshadows and I love the look of the highlight xx

    Lucy | www.lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That collection looks absolutely gorgeous! I haven't tried any Tarte makeup and this post definitely makes me want to! Happy New Year! :)
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  3. Nice post …………..keep posting!!!
    Buy designer caps

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?