The importance of fragrance | YSL Mon Paris & Black Opium Review

Thursday 13 July 2017



YSL fragrances are something of a luxury. And as you all know, luxury fragrance is my favourite way to treat myself and make myself feel and smell beautiful. In this post I shall be talking you through and reviewing two of my favourite Yves Saint Laurent fragrances - Mon Paris and Black Opium..

If you can gather a few things from my blog, one would be I'm hooked on fashion, beauty and all things luxurious and another thing would be, I'm pretty obsessed with fragrance. Fragrance makes us feel and smell beautiful. I don't know about you, but I have a different fragrance for every single mood, occasion and outfit. I have fragrances for when I'm feeling happy, energised and flirtatious; I have fragrances for spring, summer, autumn and winter; and I have fragrances for when I'm attending an event, going out for a meal, heading to the shops or hitting the beach. Fragrance is important and I truly believe that there's all different ones for every single different occasion!

Mon Paris is Yves Saint Laurent's newest fragrance and one of my favourites. This fragrance is perfect for me when I'm going for a coffee or going out for a meal or show. The opulent yet simplistic packaging, which is clean cut and classic, compliments the light and elegant scent beautifully. This fragrance encapsulates the feeling that we experience when we want to seize the moment, live life to the full and love deeply, passionately and truly. Combining musky scents with floral notes, this fragrance smells divine and is a perfect day-to-day fragrance, whereas Black Opium is more of a special occasion fragrance. With top notes of juicy Pear and succulent Fruit; heart notes of Datura Orchid and White Flowers; and base notes of Patchouli and White Musk. Mon Paris Eau de Parfum 50ml retails at £71, but is only £61.50 when bought from Fragrance Direct.

Black Opium is probably my favourite ever fragrance - the packaging is very classy with a slight edge, the pink centre with the glittery surrounding contrasts and compliments, while the scent itself is dark, mysterious and heady. Black Opium is the perfect fragrance for any special or classy occasion - swanky meals out, high profile events, date night or a night at the opera or ballet. With top notes of opulent Pink Pepper and Orange blossom; heart notes of Jasmine and Coffee; and base notes of Vanilla, Patchouli and Cedarwood. Black Opium Eau de Parfum 30ml retails at £51 but is available for just £43.95 when bought from Fragrance Direct.

I adore these two gorgeous fragrances from Yves Saint Laurent. They're opulent, perfect for the stated occasions and look absolutely gorgeous situated on any dresser. And honestly, who can refuse them when you can get them for the fabulous discounted prices when bought from Fragrance Direct!?

Have you tried either Mon Paris or Black Opium? What's your go-to fragrance? Do you use particular fragrances for different occasions? Let me know in the comments below.











1 comment

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?