Mane 'n Tail Haircare for both humans and horses!?

Leave a Comment

I remember when I was around 12 and I was flicking through the American Teen Vogue. My local newsagents would get American magazines shipped over to the UK and I just used to love picking up Teen Vogue whenever I could. I remember always seeing adverts for this uniquely named haircare brand, 'Mane 'n Tail' I can remember wondering what it was like and if I'd ever get to try it. I was just so intrigued by this brand when I was younger, but as I grew, I kind of forgot all about it until just recently.

Mane 'n Tail is a brand that was originally formulated on the Katzev's family farm. They wanted to create a new and innovative product for their horses. Yep, you did just read that right. They originally created a Shampoo and a Conditioner that were specifically targeted for show horses with long flowing manes and tails. The formulas were dubbed as outstanding and soon horse lovers across America were besotted with this incredibly formulation, for both their horses and themselves!

The Mane 'n Tail formulas contain ingredients that lather up beyond our imaginations and cleanse hair, on both humans and horses, incredibly well! The micro-enriched protein formulas help to prevent hair from breakage and split ends as well as helping hair to grow longer, stronger and thicker.

Shampoo, Conditioner and Strengthener

Upon first use I was naturally excited. I just couldn't wait to crack open the bottles and lather up the formulas on my hair. The fragrance of each of the hair products is divine! The texture of the shampoo really shocked me at first, I imagined it to be like any other regular shampoo, but I was so wrong! The texture of Mane 'n Tail's shampoo is like a gel/glue, I know right, I was shocked too! I was slightly dubious at this point but nonetheless I started working it into my wet hair and WOW. It really does lather up unlike anything I have ever used before. Not just little lathers, BIG lathers - big, foamy lathers that caress each strand of your hair! After working the product into my hair, I then rinsed and began to apply the conditioner. The conditioner is a completely different texture in comparison to the shampoo. The conditioner is light lemon in colour and super silky and light - a little goes a long way. I worked this into the ends of my hair, left for 2-3 minutes and then rinsed. While rinsing I noticed my hair felt a little straw-like (my hair does go like this when I use different hair products) but once rinsed, towel-dried and brushed through, my hair felt SO soft and thicker!? My usually feels thin and puffy once washed and semi-dried but not with Mane n' Tail. My hair felt thicker and healthier (I'm not kidding, I promise!!!!). After my hair was towel-dried I spritzed on a touch of the Hair Strengthener to ensure my hair had the full Mane 'n Tail treatment. The Hair Strengthener is a leave-in conditioning treatment which ensures your hair is protected from everyday pollution and heat damage too. I then blow dried my hair and found no need to straighten, curl or style - it looked amazing. The Shampoo retails at £5.99, the Conditioner retails also retails at £5.99 (both from Boots) and the Hair Strengthener retails at £11.50 (from Fragrance Direct).

The Hoofmaker Hand and Nail Therapy

When I first saw this product I was even more intrigued. After many years of seeing Mane 'n Tail advertise their hair products in Teen Vogue, I just presumed that that was all they sold, but oh how wrong was I!? The Hoofmaker was originally formulated in 1970 just like the Shampoo and Conditioner. Originally developed for horses, to ensure their dry, cracked hooves were softened and moisturised, this wonder product was applied from hand to hoof and overtime the horse owners noticed a dramatic improvement in the condition of their hands and the strength of their nails. Amazing isn't it? And since then, the rest is history. Out of all the high-end hand creams I have bought and used over the past five years or so, this hand cream tops them all. With a balm like consistency, the Hoofmaker isn't too thick nor too thin, it glides onto the skin like silk and sinks into your skin within seconds. After around 2 minutes, your hands feel smoother than ever before - honestly! Some hand creams can leave a greasy, unpleasant feeling on the hands, but not this one! The Hoofmaker retails at £7.50 (from Fragrance Direct).

After trying Mane 'n Tail for the first time after wanting to try it since I was very young, I have honestly fallen in love with this brand so much. Their products have gone above and beyond my initial expectations. Another AMAZING thing about Mane 'n Tails products is how you can use the Shampoos and Conditioners on either your horses, cats or dogs - it's amazing isn't it!? I'm honestly so stunned at this range of innovative beauty products..(even if they have been around longer than me)!

Have you ever tried Mane 'n Tail? If you have, I would love to know your thoughts on the brand and if you haven't, let me know if this post has spiked your interest in the brand.











SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig