Beauty | Summer Essentials 2016

18 comments

In the heat of the summer sun it's important that we have our holy grail summer products at our fingertips ready to use when required. Having smooth, silky hair, a glowing complexion and tanned skin are all at the top of my list, but how do I achieve these summer necessities with only a few products? Keep reading to find out...

In the summer, my hair becomes even drier than usual on the ends as the sun is drying it out and causing it to become brittle and dehydrated, this is where my holy grail conditioner comes into play - OGX's Coconut Water range is perfect for summer haircare - why? because their coconut water range is a lightweight range that drenches your hair with coconut water, electrolytes and coconut oil. With this range, not only will your hair be revived, soft, silky and flow in the wind, but it will smell of a delicious coconut scent that caresses all of your senses. Read the full review of OGX's Coconut Water range here.

What good is a top class wash and blow dry without the right tool? Tangle Angel's Xtreme Hairbrush  is the perfect hair tool to help create gorgeous smooth locks of hair with no knots or tangles whatsoever. This brush is perfect for anytime of the year, any type of hair and any hair length. Water resistant, heat resistant and tough enough to brush through thick hair, wigs and hair extensions, this brush can battle with the toughest of tangles. Read the full review of the Tangle Angel Xtreme hairbrush here.

In the heat and sun, liquid foundation isn't at the top of my list. I recently realised that I hate wearing full on glam makeup in the sun as I usually just end up sweating it off. Liquid foundation in the summer is a waste but a baked cream like Laura Geller's Balance n' Glow is the perfect summer foundation. The Balance n' Glow baked cream foundation by Laura Geller is a really gorgeous baked product that contains gorgeous glints of shimmer, so highlighting can be avoided when using this product. I tend to use my FAVE Spectrum Collections A01 brush from their Siren Set. It's THE perfect applicator for this fabulous baked cream foundation and all other powders too. Check out my full review of Laura Geller here and Spectrum Collections' Siren Set review here.

Having tanned legs is a MUST for me in the summer months, especially when I'm wearing a dress. Sometimes I can't be bothered to self-tan every single night, so since I have discovered St. Moriz's Fast Response Tanning Mist, tanning the night before is a thing of the past when I don't have the time. What I love about this product is how it works - it sprays on in a guide colour, which means you can see where it's going, this means no streaks!! I also love how it's instant but develops over a 3 hour period - this means I can apply when I get bathed and dressed in the morning and by the time I get home from the park, beach or shops and have my final bath of the day, I am left with a gorgeous glowing tan! Yay! Check out my full review of St. Moriz's Pro Advanced Formula range here.

So, there you have it, that was my Summer 2016 essentials. I honestly couldn't be without these amazing products. I'd love it if you could comment below with your Summer 2016 essentials, as I really would LOVE to know.

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

18 comments

  1. I've heard lots about the brush you've been loving, I may just give it a go as my Tangle Teezer is falling apart haha (I've had it like 4 years!) x

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Tangle Teezers and have nothing against them whatsoever, but I must say that the Tangle Angel is much more of a durable, beautiful brush! I adore it! - Mollie xxx

      Delete
  2. Wonderful! Tangle Angel is just awesome!
    Would you like to follow each other? Follow me and I'll follow back))
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anya! I love my Tangle Angel Xtreme! I just followed you, lovely blog by the way :) - Mollie xxx

      Delete
  3. I need a Tangle Angel! My hair is always one big rats nest in the summer from riding around with the windows down lol

    COLLEENWELSCH.COM | An LA Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I totally know where you're coming from! A Tangle Angel is THE perfect solution! - Mollie xxx

      Delete
  4. I love the OGX range too, they smell fantastic. I need to try one of these tangle angels now! Great post.

    www.phillippabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) The Tangle Angel is incredible, I can't reccomend it enough! - Mollie xxx

      Delete
  5. The spectrum brushes looks amazing! I may have to give the tangle angel ago!
    Amy xx
    amyrosexoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should - it's an incredible brush and a definite must have of mine! - Mollie xxx

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hair gets SO dry in the summer so I'll have to try the OGX products - thanks for the recommendations! X
    FloralsAndCoralsx // Our Blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OGX's Coconut Water is perfect for keeping hair hydrated in the heat, I totally reccomend it! - Mollie xxx

      Delete
  8. OH MY GOSH! What a cute hair brush and makeup brush!!
    My hair is needs moisture constantly...Love OGX's Products!

    xo
    lipstickvillain.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading beautiful! Love your blog so much! - Mollie xxx

      Delete
  9. That tanning mist sounds freaking amazing! I'm going to check it out for sure :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100% reccomend the St. Moriz Tanning Mist! Such an incredible product and oh so perfect for a quick tan fix throughout the summer months! - Mollie xxx

      Delete
  10. I feel like I need that coconut water haircare in my life right now aha x I just love the scent of coconut; it's so summery!
    -Amy x

    everythingamygeorgia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig