Fashion | Festival Fashion Style Guide 2016: Part One

Monday 25 April 2016


It's that time of the year again! Coachella has been and gone and Summer is almost here, which means FESTIVALS GALORE in England. Glastonbury, Reading, Leeds, Bestival, V Festival and SO many more festivals will be taking place in just a few months, so I have decided to share a few of my favourite festival fashion ensembles and tips with you.

A collection that I feel sums up chic festival fashion, would definitely have to be Burberry Prorsum's AW15 collection. This collection, which I analysed here, featured some gorgeous boho-chic prints, cuts and garments. This collection is the perfect 'mood-board' for planning your festival wardrobe. If you like suedette, patchwork, fringing and an Autumnal colour palette, you're in for a treat.

For part one of my Festival Style guide I have put together 2 PERFECT outfits that any fashionista would TOTALLY wear to a festival. If you're looking to get papped by one of the style magazines, take some inspo from these two killer ensembles.

Festival Ensemble #1

This ensemble is my favourite, it comprises of a two-toned colour palette; Tan and Pink. This ensemble consists of a gorgeous flared sleeve smock dress, which includes the two colours, Tan and Pink, a gorgeous tan fringed shoulder bag, a fringed tan waistcoat, a pair of chunky heeled tan fringed sandals, all complete with gold jewellery and pink lips. This ensemble, like all three featured in this post, has been made on polyvore, therefore it features a variety of brands and price ranges, But I have ensured that all garments featured can be easily translated into clothing from the High Street. I've seen similar dresses in Topshop, similar sandals in River Island and similar waistcoats and bags in Monsoon and Primark.

Festival Ensemble #2

This ensemble is more understated but still absolutely gorgeous. Although slightly more neutral than the previous ensemble, this outfit will still most definitely get you papped at any festival. The colour palette of this ensemble comprises of grey and silver, this is both simple and effective. A simple and chic grey crinkle cotton dress, which will be both cool and comfy, teamed with chunky silver studded boots, a grey fringed bag, some grey shades and a tonne of silver jewelry will ensure you stand out of the crowd at any festival. This outfit is very comfortable and similar to my previous ensemble, it's easily translated in the form of high street clothing.

These two outfits are absolutely perfect for festival season, especially if you're looking to be glamorous, head turning and festival chic! Wear something similar to these and you'll be papped in no time!

I hope you enjoyed the first in my series of festival fashion style guides and I hope you'll be reading next time. Let me know in the comments with what you'd like to see in my next style guides for the festival season.

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?