Beauty | My current drugstore favourites

Saturday 30 April 2016


I am a massive lover of drugstore makeup products, I mean, who isn't? Drugstore makeup is affordable and it can sometimes be incredible quality too, sometimes it can be even better than high end makeup. I have been loving SO many drugstore beauty products recently and I just have to share them with you

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolour

RRP: £8.99

Revlon's Ultra HD Matte Lipcolour has to be my ALL time favourite lip product. After contemplating purchasing a matte liquid lipstick, I was thrilled when Revlon released this incredible products a few weeks ago. I have used a few matte liquid lipsticks before but I just didn't agree with them as much as I do with this. This product is incredible and is full of pigment. I have their nude shade 'Seduction', which is a gorgeous nude/neutral that looks incredible with all kinds of makeup looks. I will definitely be purchasing this shade again, along with a few other shades. The formula of this lipcolour is velvety smooth and stays there ALL. DAY. LONG. which is incredible for a drugstore product, especially when compared to some cheaper alternatives.

L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche A L'Huile

RRP: £4.99 

L'Oreal's new nail polish is the best drugstore nail polish I have ever, ever used. It comes in a gorgeously artsy nail polish pot which holds 13.5ml instead of their usual 6ml. This nail polish is different to all of their others as it contains a precious blend of oil which promotes nail growth and healthy nails too. The nail polish itself has the most gorgeous scent, it almost smells of pears or peaches. I got this polish in the shade 'Greige Amoureux' which is a gorgeous taupey, grey neutral toned polish. The applicator is wide enough to cover the whole width of the nail so with one swipe and then another 5 minutes later, your nails are graced with the most gorgeous shiny and durable manicure that will last up to one week! I do recommend using a top coat to promote durability and extra strength, either use a clear polish from this collection or my personal favourite 'Top Coat' by OPI. 

L'Oreal Infallible Matte Primer

RRP: £8.99

Another L'Oreal product that I have been lusting over recently is their Matte Infallible Primer. I was never a fan of using primers until I re-discovered this product at the back of my drawer a few weeks ago. This primer is incredible, it glides onto the skin effortlessly and ever so weightlessly too. It's a clear formula so it doesn't feel as though it's clogging up your pores as much, which is a plus for me. This primer has no scent, no nasty texture and no colouring, so it feels natural. This primer ensures my foundation is infallible and lasts for the majority of a long day out. I adore this primer and will definitely be re-purchasing when I run out.

Freedom Makeup Brow Pomade

RRP: £5.00

Freedom Makeup's eyebrow pomade is a GODSEND. After lusting over Anastasia Beverly Hills' dipbrow pomade, I was obsessed with the whole idea of a 'fleeky' brow in a pot, so when I saw this bargain sitting in Superdrug, I just had to purchase it. I use a hard angled brush for applying this product and it works a treat. My eyebrows have never looked better! I use the shade 'Chocolate' which is a rich and depthy brown, that matches my hair colour perfectly. My eyebrows were in an awful condition around 3 or 4 months ago until I decided to grow them out of their over-plucked state. With the help of growing, time, patience and Freedom Makeup's Pro Brow Pomade, my brows have never been so fleeky before!


Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation

RRP: £10.99

Bourjois' Healthy Mix Serum Foundation is slightly different to their general Healthy Mix Foundation. Their serum version has a lot lighter coverage but sits a lot nicer on the skin. This foundation smells deliciously as gorgeous as their original and works just as amazingly but slightly lighter and more easily blendable. I adore all of Bourjois' foundations, as I think they work really well with my skin type, which is blemish prone and slightly oily. This foundation works best when applied with a stippling brush or beauty blender (makeup egg/sponge). I have found that this foundation takes my blemishes away a little, which is a plus!


Have you been loving any specific drugstore product recently? Maybe even one of my top 5? If you have, let me know in the comments below!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?